Run with the ghosts of the 1860’s oil wildcatters in the valley that changed the world
Inaugural running – who will set the course records and how long with they stand?
Date: October 10th – 11th, 2009
4 simultaneous races:
- 50K - 12 hour time limit (7 AM – 7 PM Saturday) = 23:11 min / mile pace
- 50 miles - 32 hour time limit (5 AM Saturday through 1 PM Sunday) = 38:24 / mile
- 100 miles - 32 hour time limit (5 AM Saturday through 1 PM Sunday) = 19:12 / mile
- “OC100 Sampler” – 7.75 mile road / trail race, fun run, & hike (8:30 AM Saturday)
- large loop courses on primarily the Gerard Hiking Trail of OCSP (50+ miles of trails)
Run in the valley where the world’s first oil boom began in 1859 when Edwin Drake drilled the first commercial oil well.
Email Race Director Tom Jennings @ RD_OC100@yahoo.com
Are you on Facebook? Join the “Oil Creek100 Trail Runs” group !