Entries are now open for the 2008 Great North Walk 100s which will be run on Saturday, 8 November 2008. An Entry Form can be downloaded from here, and full details of this year’s event can be found here.
Entries will close when the first 100 entries are received, in total, for both events (the 100 Mile and 100 Kilometre), or on 24 October 2008, whichever comes first.
Some minor changes have been made for this year’s event.
· All Entrants will receive a free GNW100s T-Shirt.
· All official finishers will receive a Finishers Medal (competitors who enter the 100 Mile event, but withdraw at 100 Kilometres, will not be eligible to receive a Medal). For the 100 Mile event, it is our intention to have Gold Medals for sub-24 hour, Silver for sub-30 hour and Bronze for sub-36 hour performances, subject to cost.
· There will be a compulsory equipment check for all Runners as they leave Checkpoint 2.
· There will be an Entry Fee surcharge of 10% for Entrants who are not members of the Australian Ultra Running Association (AURA).
· An additional cut-off point has been added in the 100 Mile event. Competitors must leave the Unmanned Water Station at the 160.8km mark by 3:00pm (33 hours) or they will not be allowed to proceed. They will have to walk out 1km, accompanied by a race official, to the main road at Staples Lookout.
We hope to see you on 8 November 2008.